Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Memoir 2

It was a beautiful summer day. The sun was shinning and there was an occasional breeze. It was a perfect day to do anything you wanted to. That gorgeous day, was one of the worst days of my life.
I walked into my house coming home from school when I saw her. She was lying on the kitchen floor. Not moving. It was almost as if she was glued down to the floor. I can never forget that look she gave me. She was starring at me with those big, dark, brown eyes. Looking at me with a sad, blank stare. It was almost as if she knew everything was coming to an end, and soon. We both knew what was going to happen. I just didn't want to admit it.
I cried and cried over and over again. I couldn't handle anymore of the crying so I had to leave the room. I began to think of all the memories we had together. The times I hurt myself and she came by and licked my face. The times when I dozed off on her stomach and she never once moved or woke me up. The hundreds of times we went camping. The times when we went swimming in her kiddy pool together. All the times where all I wanted was for her warm, furry, soft body to be by my side. I still wish she was next to me, but I know she is happy where she is. That's all I need to know.
Now she's gone, and she won't return. Nala was the best dog anyone could ask for. I miss her more than anything in the world. She lived to be 14 years old. As the years go by some of the memories fade and fade. Others are going to be with me forever. Even though she isn't with us anymore, she will always have a special spot saved for her in my heart.

10 comments:

  1. Really amazing writing. But the last sentence is"...,she will always have a special spot saved for her in my heart." Isn't She supposed to be "I." Fantabulous job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really sad. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That could work too Greta. :P Thanks for the complement! (: and it's ok Bri. It happens to even the best of things. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Welcome! What kind of dog was your dog???

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an amazing story! I liked how you didn't say that is a dog in the beginning.... that was really cool!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww! Depressing. I've never had a dog, but your dog sounds cuddly. Nice descriptions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was really sad. And amazingly described. I agree with Greta, but other than that, it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job,but I agree with Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your story is very sad, but I liked the amount of detail you gave.

    ReplyDelete