Friday, September 24, 2010

Memoir 1

We were driving to Menards to meet up with a guy to see if we were going to go buy one of his new puppies. We saw the add in the newspaper and it was perfect. A six month old golden retriever puppy. When we got there we had to wait a little bit for him to come. When I saw a truck coming down the road with kennels in the back seat my heart raced. I was so excited! It was my first time picking out my very own dog!

The guy had two puppies left over. One white-ish colored golden retriever and a dark golden retriever. I had my eye on the dark gold puppy the whole time. She waddled around and she was very playful. I picked her up and she made me laugh by smelling my ear. Her and I connected right away.

So we decided to buy the dark golden retriever. She slept on my lap the whole way home. When we got home I played with her for hours. (even though it was a school night) We decided to name her Abby and she is a perfect dog. Hahaha just kidding! Still she is perfect to me no matter what she does and I love her. (:

7 comments:

  1. I like the way you describe how the dog looked and how it moved. And that's really it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! That made me all warm and fuzzy.I liked how you were very detailed about your connection between you and abby.I thought it was a little hard to read though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the way that you discribed how the dog sniffed your ear and you connected right away. watch your spaceing a little more. otherwise its pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks Eric. That's all I have to say to you. Thanks Bri! I'm sorry if it is hard to read. I didn't know how to word some of the sentences. Also I never really knew the guys name who sold us Abby so sorry about that. Knute I thought my spacing was the way that you were supposed to do it? What did I do wrong with my spacing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked your story and the dog you picked too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha thanks Brittany! (: You know you got to love Abby. Even though she attacks you a lot.. (;

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me wish I had a dog. I liked that you said she and you connected right away.

    ReplyDelete